Hallelujah!!

Finding God through John

Monday, December 12, 2011

Our Lord's Prayer



This was sent to me and requested by a dear friend:


Our Lord's Prayer

I cannot say "Our" if my religion has no room for others and their needs.

I cannot say "Father" if I do not demonstrate this relationship in my daily life.
I cannot say "Who Art In Heaven" if all my interests and pursuits are in earthly things.
I cannot say "Hallowed Be Thy Name" if I, who am called by his name, am not holy.
I cannot say "Thy Kingdom Come" if I am unwilling to give up my own sovereignty and accept the righteous reign of God.
I cannot say "Thy Will Be Done" if I am unwilling or resentful of having it in my life.
I cannot say "On Earth As It Is In Heaven" unless I am truly ready to give myself to his service here and now.
I cannot say "Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread" without expending honest effort for it or by ignoring the genuine needs of my fellowmen.
I cannot say "Forgive Us Our Trespasses As We Forgive Those Who Trespass Against Us" if I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone.
I cannot say "Lead Us Not Into Temptation" if I deliberately choose to remain in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.
I cannot say "Deliver Us From Evil" if I am not prepared to fight in the spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer.
I cannot say "Thine Is The Kingdom" if I do not give the King the disciplined obedience of a loyal subject.
I cannot say "Thine Is The Power" if I fear what my neighbors and friends may say or do.
I cannot say "Thine Is The Glory" if I am seeking my own glory first.
I cannot say "Forever" if I am too anxious about each day's affairs.
I cannot say "Amen" unless I honestly say, "cost what it may, this is my prayer".
It is not about how you start the race but how you end the race.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazing Grace

Video from KarmaTube