Hallelujah!!

Finding God through John

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Don't Worry About Tomorrow

M't:6:33: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

M't:6:34: Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

For me personally, this is hard. I struggle to let go of yesterday and to not worry about tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong. I pray and I do what I mentally can to hand over everything in my life to the Lord Jesus. Seeking the kingdom of God is easy. It is the worrying about tomorrow that I struggle with. Having a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder doesn’t always allow me to not panic about the next minute or second, never mind tomorrow! Thankfully, when I do fear for my life, I KNOW that I do not have to worry about the afterlife because I am saved through Jesus blood on the cross and the covenant His dying represents. I know I am saved because I believe! I am going to Heaven because I have faith and I know that God knows I do my best to hand over every aspect of my life to Him. I continue to learn in His name and study on His word. I may not be able to quote the Bible with a reference but I study it and I have formed a relationship with God because of it. I see the truth He has created for my life and I strive to make the Father proud. One day I know I will have His word engrained in every fibre of my being and I will be able to quote and reference without thinking about it. I may not know what will happen from moment to moment or day to day but I do know that God will be holding my hand the whole way and for that I am eternally grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazing Grace

Video from KarmaTube