Hallelujah!!

Finding God through John

Monday, October 24, 2011

I Saw The Light!

“My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow Me.” - John 10:27
“The sheep follow Him, because they recognize His voice.” -John 10:4
Do you ever sit and wonder when God will speak to you and answer your prayers? I am sure you do. His voice isn’t always easy to hear especially when you don’t know how to listen. This reminds me of the old saying ‘a watched pot never boils’. I may be young as I am only 26 years old, but over the last few years of my life I have not only been able to learn to pray but I have learned to pray that the Lords’ will be done, and not my own. I also have opened my eyes, ears, heart and soul to the miracles He produces for us every single day. Do I miss some of His answers? YES! How do I know what I am doing is ‘okay’ with God? I know because I prayed about it, I asked Him to take my hand and guide me and I trust His ever powerful light to lead me away from the darkness and into the place in this world where I am meant to be. He has shown me so many miracles, not only for my own life, but in the lives of those I love. I never once asked Him to do a specific thing, but rather I ask the Lord to allow people to see the truth as He sees it so that our lives can reflect His will. This has proved very effective for me in my prayers. It has truly been a blessing for me to pray the way I do, because I am not let down or disappointed when a prayer is answered. It is answered according to the plan He has set for each of us and this is shown over and over and over again if you care to look at each moment as a blessing and an opportunity to learn in His name, instead of letting the world bring you down. 

The Lord of God is my Shepherd and I shall not want (psalm 23) I know that as long as I allow His staff and His rod to guide me that I will never fall behind or be lost to the darkness again. This is His promise to each of His children. He sits and He waits for every single one of us to recognize that we cannot have a successful life without Him being our rock, and our guidance. Then we will come home to Him and hopefully follow His word and listen for Him to speak to us in all that we do. He is always there, He has all the time in the world for us to come back to Him, back to the Truth, back to unconditional Love. He is all of these things, He is all that is good.

“My home is within you” -Psalm 87:7

“I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness”
-John 12:46

God our Father lives within our soul whether you feel Him or not. He is the voice that tells you what is right and what is wrong. He is our conscience. He is the light that brings us through the dark parts of our lives and into the happiness that resonates around us. When you are looking for meaning regarding a situation ask Him. He is there to answer you. Now you just have to realize that when you talk out loud or ask for something good or even bad that you are really praying to the one true God- Jesus. He hears your voice, your thoughts and He whispers to you about what is right and wrong. Your conscience is God and God is in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazing Grace

Video from KarmaTube