Hallelujah!!

Finding God through John

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Proverbs 3

Proverbs 3 tells us about some of the blessings that we will receive from walking hand in hand with God, His word and His ways. “My son, forget not my law or teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments”. (v1 AMP) You have to keep God’s commandments in order to become secure from the temptations of the enemy –Satan.

Gloria Copeland describes a temptation as “a solicitation to evil”. She goes on to say that when your heart keeps Gods words you won’t even allow yourself to think about committing adultery or some other sin just to suit yourself. You won’t even consider displeasing God just for a moment’s pleasure. 

“Length of days and years of a life [worth living] and tranquility [inward and outward and continuing through old age till death], these shall they add to you” (v2 AMP). This is what you can expect from using God’s treasures in the way He commands us to. We can have heaven on earth. This verse tells us that we can have peace and a long life just by following His word, His ways!

Another of His hidden treasures that allows us to live in His blessings: “Let not mercy and kindness [shutting out all hatred and selfishness] and truth [shutting out all deliberate hypocrisy or falsehood] forsake you; bind them about your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart” (v 3 AMP). How blessed we are to be able to keep mercy and kindness and truth with us at all times. We are to keep them bound to us and written in our hearts for future use. “So shall you find favor, good understanding, and high esteem in the sight [or judgement] of God and man” (v4 AMP). If you walk in love you will be loved back for we sow what we reap (Galatians 6:7).

Being guided by the Lord is a ‘supernatural’ experience that you can count on and expect as you “lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding” (v5 AMP). When you “in all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him (v6 AMP) God rises up within you and with His wisdom gives you direction to victory! As we acknowledge God in all ways He will fulfill his promises to us “He will direct and make straight and plain your paths” (v6 AMP).

Becoming healthy physically is much easier than one would think. God tells us many times throughout the scripture how simple it is yet we chose to not listen and try to fix things on our own, often getting nowhere. “Be not wise in your own eyes; reverently fear and worship the Lord and turn [entirely] away from evil” (v7 AMP). You cannot be wise in both your eyes and Gods. So you need to walk in Wisdom and then you will increase and blessings will come your way. Walk in His ways and you will bring “health to your nerves, sinews, and marrow and moistening to your bones” (v8 AMP).

Living without debt and having enough to live with isn’t always easy in today’s economy, but it must be done. We must trust the lord to provide all that we need and we must work hard to keep His commandments. “Honor the Lord with your capital and sufficiency [from righteous labors] and with the first fruits of all your income” (v9 AMP). We are told many times that we must pay our tithe. To me, this doesn’t necessarily mean to your church, but it does mean giving money to a worthy cause in God’s name. Since I don’t believe in church I pay my “tithe” to local charities that are dear to my heart ones that help battered women and children, and funding for children’s sports. Ten percent of what you receive belongs to our Lord and that ten percent is what you give to your cause. You give it anonymously and in His name. You pray on what you should give to, and who and you do it, happily, knowing it is Gods will. Just like you pay your bills each month you pay God as well. You honor Him with “your capital and sufficiency” (v9 AMP) doing this will have an amazing effect; “your storage places be filled with plenty, and your vats shall be overflowing with new wine” (v10 AMP)

Another way the Lord has blessed us is through his chastening “My son do not despise or shrink from the chastening of the Lord…neither be weary of or impatient about or loathe or abhor His reproof” (v11 AMP) “Whom the Lord loves He corrects , even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights” (v 12 AMP)

When you go after Gods Wisdom, you’ll find out that “length of days is in her right hand, and in her left hand are riches and honor” (v16 AMP)

When we walk in God’s Wisdom, our paths in life are peaceful. Her “ways are highways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who lay hold on her; and happy is everyone who holds her fast” (v17-18 AMP). 

“The Lord by skillful and Godly Wisdom has founded the earth; by understanding He has established the heavens” (v 19 AMP)

“Do not resentfully envy and be jealous of an unscrupulous, grasping man, and choose none of his ways. For the perverse are an abomination to the Lord”. (v31-32 AMP) “Unscrupulous” is the opposite of the way we need to walk with the Lord in order to receive His riches and blessings. An unscrupulous person is turned away from God. “His confidential communion and secret counsel are with the righteous” (v32) “The curse of the Lord is in and on the house of the wicked, but He declares blessed the home of the just and consistently righteous” (v33 AMP) “The wise shall inherit glory but shame is the highest rank conferred on fools” (v 35).

The more you read the Word the more it becomes written on your heart. This is one of the reasons I do this blog. I hope that people read it, but it is honestly for me to be able to learn the word better and read it, comprehend it, and apply it to my life and I pray that anyone who reads it can benefit from it in the way that I have so far. Following “Hidden Treasures” by Gloria Copeland for this Proverbs excursion has been extremely helpful. I have read this book several times, but to read it, write from it, write about it and type out each piece of scripture has been an insurmountable blessing to my relationship with the Lord. It is amazing how truly awesome our God is and when you read His words and place them into the bank filled with His teachings and love you come to see and notice the changes not only in your day to day life, but into your regular thoughts, and your values and morals. I can honestly say I came from a world where I was betrayed by what I thought was the Lord and because of my learning through bible studies, wonderful books, fellowship, and the Bible itself I have changed my ways. This is why I say I am born again, again! When I was born again the first time I did accept Jesus into my heart and into my soul and life but I wasn’t able to experience God the way I had wanted to and I grew frustrated by this. Wondering why He hadn’t come to me when I prayed Him into me! I had a suicide attempt and in my own blood wrote on the wall that I was such a horrible person that God wouldn’t even take me home. I have since realized that God wants me to be in Heaven with Him, but He has plans for me here and I need to live this life and hopefully help and educated people through my own life experiences. I have chosen to believe that God would not want for all my pain both physical and emotional to be in vain, that I am here to do something with it. What it is exactly I am not sure yet, but as the seasons and weather change so do the seasons of my life and each day opens up to a new person and a new world that I can hopefully be an asset to. I still have my down days, I still ask God why, on occasion. Deep down though, I know why and I am content with that. I am here because it is God’s will. I don’t need a better explanation that that J

Gloria Copeland’s Wisdom for Today

Acknowledge God in all of your ways today.

Walk in loving kindness toward others. Be quick to forgive, quick to bless, quick to help.

When God shows you an area of your life that isn’t in line with the Word, simply receive His chastening and make the necessary correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazing Grace

Video from KarmaTube